Kanopy, one of WPL’s streaming video providers has recently changed the way they offer services to our patrons. They have replaced the play credit system that was previously in place with a new ticketing system as of November 1, 2023.
Under this new system, rather than 10 play credits, all WPL patrons will have 30 tickets per month to watch films and TV shows on Kanopy!
- Next to the PLAY button for any title, you’ll see how many tickets it will use up as well as how long you will have access to it (72 hours, 7 days, 14 days, etc.)
- Episodic content (such as TV shows) will be labelled and you will get an ENTIRE SEASON for the ticket value.
- Kanopy Kids content will be available without using any tickets (labelled as “0”).
- Your 30 tickets will renew on the first of each month.
- Unused tickets do not roll over to the next month.
- Amount of unused tickets will show up in the top right corner of your screen when logged in.
For more information please visit the Kanopy site.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, please don’t hesitate to contact us.