Scientific Investigation Skills & Career Exploration
Grade 9 (Applied) Overall Expectations:
1 – Scientific Investigation Skills
- The Ontario Curriculum (Ontario)
2 – Career Exploration
Identify and describe a variety of careers related to the fields of science under study and the education and training necessary for these careers.
- Choose a Career (Government of Ontario)
- Aerospace Telecommunication and Information Systems Technician (Government of Canada)
- Fish & Wildlife (Ontario Colleges)
- Electrician (Careers in Construction)
- Pottery Careers (Ceramic Arts Network)
Identify scientists, including Canadians (e.g., David Suzuki, Howard Alper, Roberta Bondar, Kenneth Hill), who have made a contribution to the fields of science under study.
- 30 Scientists (The Canadian Encyclopedia )
- Famous Scientists (Famousscientists.org)
- Famous Canadian Scientists (The Famous People)