Grade 8 Overall Expectations:
Listen in order to understand and respond appropriately in a variety of situations for a variety of purposes; In relation to this expectation, students should be able to listen to an audio clip and then use a graphic organizer to summarize the main ideas.
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl (PlayAway)
- Animal Farm (CloudLibrary eAudioBook)
- Speak (CloudLibrary eAudioBook)
- Cinder (CloudLibrary eAudioBook)
- Why Do Cats Act So Weird? (YouTube)
Use speaking skills and strategies appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
- Extraordinary Oral Presentations (Book)
- Speech Communication Made Simple (Book)
- Censorship (Book)
- Windsor News CTV (Website)
- How to write an oral presentation (YouTube)
- How to prepare your oral presentation (YouTube)
- Introduction to the Debate (YouTube)
Reflect on and identify their strengths as listeners and speakers, areas for improvement, and the strategies they found most helpful in oral communication situations.