Grade 7 Overall Expectations:
Movement Skills and Concepts
Perform smooth transfers of weight and rotations, in relation to others and equipment in a variety of situations involving static and dynamic balance
Perform a wide variety of locomotor movements, with and without equipment, while responding to a variety of external stimuli
Send, receive, and retain a variety of objects, while taking into account their position and motion in relation to others, equipment, and boundaries, while applying basic principles of movement
Demonstrate an understanding of the phases of movement and apply this understanding to the refinement of movement skills as they participate in a variety of physical activities
- Kids workout 1 Beginners (YouTube Video)
- Beginner Dance Moves (YouTube Video)
- A-Z Dancing Types (YouTube Video)
Demonstrate an understanding of the components of a range of physical activities and apply this understanding as they participate in a variety of physical activities in indoor and outdoor environments
- World Eskimo-Indian Olympics (YouTube Video)
- Try out various web videos of sports activities and training skills for sports that your child enjoys most. Below are a selection of YouTube Videos for various sports and activities.
- RUNNING: Kids/Youth Triathlon
- TRAINING: Resistance Bands Exercises
- DANCING: Just Dance Workout
- YOGA: Mind-Body Connection through Yoga
- BASKETBALL: Basketball Shooting Drills for Youth
- BASKETBALL: 6 BEST Dribbling Drills For Kids!
- BASEBALL: Simple Baseball Fielding Drills
- BASEBALL: Baseball Throwing Drills
- SOCCER: Soccer Training at Home for Kids
- SOCCER: Soccer Drills for Kids
- FOOTBALL: Cone Drills for Speed and Agility
- FOOTBALL: Football Catching Drills
- VOLLEYBALL: Ways to Practice Volleyball at Home
- VOLLEYBALL: Solo Volleyball Drills for Home
Describe and compare different categories of physical activities and describe strategies that they found effective while participating in a variety of physical activities in different categories
- Discuss with your child what they did in the video, and how they think these drills will help them get better at the sport/activity. What other sports might these drills help them with?
Apply a variety of tactical solutions to increase their chances of success as they participate in physical activities
- Discuss how drills and practice help you get better at a sport or activity.