Grade 4 Overall Expectations:
Application: assess some key ways in which industrial development and the natural environment affect each other in two or more political and/or physical regions of Canada.
- #StandUpForCanada Youth Challenge (Website)
- IMAX – Over Canada (1997) – An Aerial Adventure (YouTube)
- Justin Trudeau: Prime Minister of Canada (Website)
- Canadian Government (Book)
- Canada (Hoopla eBook)
- Natural Resources in Canada (Website)
Inquiry: use the social studies inquiry process to investigate some issues and challenges associated with balancing human needs/wants and activities with environmental stewardship in one or more of the political and/or physical regions of Canada.
- Climate Change and Rising Temperatures (Hoopla eBook)
- The Changing Climate of North America (Hoopla eBook)
- Chocolate River Rescue (Hoopla eAudiobook)
- The Big Snapper (Hoopla eBook)
- Climate Change: Canada’s Melting Permafrost (Website)
- Canada Day 2067. How Has the Climate Change Affect our World? (YouTube)
- Climate Change 101 with Bill Nye (YouTube)
- Arctic Meltdown: A Changing World. Part 1 of 3. (Website)
- Arctic Meltdown: The Arctic Passages. Part 2 of 3. (Website)
- Arctic Meltdown: Adapting to Change. Part 3 of 3. (Website)
- Treasure Hunt – Longitude and Latitude Game (Website)
- Environmental Stewardship for Kids (YouTube)
Understanding Context: identify Canada’s political and physical regions, and describe their main characteristics and some significant activities that take place in them.