Computers with internet access are available at all Windsor Public Library locations.
|Maximum Session Length||1 hour|
Wireless Access through WPL Hotspot
To log on to the service:
- Turn on/restart your WiFi-enabled device
- Connect to the wireless network “WPL Hotspot” using your library card
- Once connected, open your web browser
- Follow the on-screen instructions
It is the responsibility of library users to configure their laptop or other
device to access the wireless service. Library personnel are not able to
help wireless network customers configure their equipment as each
computer is different.
- – A wireless hotspot is not a secured network environment. Keep this in
mind if you are accessing confidential personal or business information.
Information sent to or from your laptop can potentially be captured by
- – It is your responsibility to protect your device from viruses and hackers
(e.g. by up-to-date anti-virus software, firewalls, etc.)
- – The Library recommends that credit card, online banking information and
passwords NOT be transmitted while using the wireless network
- – The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for
laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from the connection
to the WPL wireless network
- – Printing is not available through the wireless network
- – Available power outlets may be used wherever the cord does not present
a tripping hazard or block access for patrons or staff. Chairs or tables are
not to be moved to electrical outlets. It is recommended that you charge
your battery before coming to the library.
- – Please use headphones when listening to audio streams.
ATTENTION WINDOWS VISTA USERS
Due to the added security features built into Windows Vista you may be unable to
connect to the WPL Hotspot.