Do you know what you want to be when you “grow up”? If you’re anything like most teens, I’m sure you’ve heard this question for a very young age. When I was a child, my answers ranged from farmer to baker to author and anything in between. Luckily, I found my way to Librarianship, a career that I love! And luckily for you, Workforce WindsorEssex is launching WEnav, a new career counselling program for youth ages 12-30. They will be hosting this program on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for up to 5 weeks this summer and they’re looking for participants like you to help them make the program the best it can be! The goal of the program is to help you find a career direction, form solid career goals and to assist you in developing the skills and knowledge necessary for future career navigation.
The WEnav program:
- Guides you with understanding and self awareness and how to apply this knowledge to your career development
- Assists you in finding ideal, realistic careers that match your abilities, interests and values
- Helps you create an action plan for your future career, outlining specific steps to take and helpful tips
- Explores indentifying and overcoming career obstacles
- Explores entrepreneurship
- Teaches about networking
- Provides career decision making techniques
- And more!
If you’re interesting in participating in this great pilot project you can contact Stephanie Dupley, WFWE’s Career Pathway Educator at 519-255-6545, ext. 6950 or firstname.lastname@example.org