Windsor Public Library ensures all its library facilities, services and resources are accessible to people with disabilities.
- • all branches are wheelchair accessible;
- • a wheelchair is available at Central Library;
- • illuminated magnifiers and magnifying sheets are available;
- • closed circuit television (60x enlargement) is available at Central and Riverside branches;
- • computer station available for the visually impaired;
- • communication for the hearing impaired: The Bell Relay Service is available to assist in placing a call from customers who use a TTY/teletypewriter. For TTY, type 711 for the operator and by telephone, dial 1-800-855-0511.
Other Accessibility Services
- • Many care facilities and seniors’ apartment buildings receive a selected collection of WPL materials or a visit from FRED periodically.
- • Homebound customers may register with Accessibility Services and receive personally selected library materials on a regular basis: call 519-255-6770 x4404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Large Print Books
The Windsor Public Library has an extensive collection of large print books, which is rotated among all branches.
Print/Braille books are dual-language children’s picture books with print pages overlaid by clear plastic sheets, embossed with Braille and are designed for adults to read to sighted children.
Daisy books are unabridged sound recordings, available to customers registered with Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA); authors have waived their royalties from copyright in order that people with disabilities may have access to literature. This collection is only available through arrangement with WPL’s Accessibility Librarian: call (519) 255-6770 x 4404; or email email@example.com.
For more information on any of the above services, please contact WPL Accessibility Services at (519) 255-6770, ext. 4404.