A #ThrowbackThursday to the historic Clarke-Bowlby house at 806 Victoria Avenue. The house was built for Alfred H. Clarke, M.P.P. in 1896. In 1912 it was purchased by prominent businessman Andrew Bowlby and remained in the family until 1988. One of the original investors in Ford Canada, Bowlby also owned a store on Riverside Dr. W. (near Ouellette) that sold clothing, hats, shoes, furnishings, and bicycles. Parked in front of the house is an early model Ford automobile.