Today we are excited to announce that we have added a new app for eBooks & eAudiobooks to our suite of eResources: Axis 360. That’s right! Even more access to popular fiction and non-fiction with a simple click or tap. Aziz Ansari! John Green! Geronimo Stilton! Axis 360 caters to readers of all ages and interests.
This sounds great, sign me up!
Here’s the best part…getting started only takes a few minutes, just be sure to have your library card handy.
Step One: Search for Axis 360 in the Apple App Store or Google Play; you can also visit the App Zone for direct links to the free App downloads.
Step Two: Once you’ve downloaded the App, search for Windsor Public Library. Once you have chosen your library you will be prompted to login with your library card and PIN (hint, this is usually the last 7-digits of your phone number, no dashes or spaces – ex. 2556770).
That’s it! That’s all it takes. You’re all set to browse and borrow.
Here are a few tips:
- You can borrow up to 20 items at a time; the default lending period is 21 days, but you have the option to return books early.
- An “e” icon in the top right corner indicates an eBook; the headphones icon indicates an audiobook.
- If the icon in the top right corner is dark gray you can borrow the book, and if it is light gray that means the book is checked out and you can place a hold on it.
- The Axis 360 App is compatible with iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire (tablet, NOT e-ink); it is also available as a desktop App for Windows PC.
- If you’re using a Kobo e-ink reader you can still use Axis 360 (with a little help from Adobe Digital Editions); just be sure to choose EPUB format, not eBook format.
These are just a few basic tips. You can find more detailed FAQs and answers by visiting Axis 360 Support, which you can also access at any time from within the App by clicking or tapping on Help. Axis 360 also has a YouTube channel offering short video tutorials outlining how to use the App; what’s great about these tutorials is that they are platform specific, so you can see exactly how to use it on YOUR device.