This Saturday marks the third anniversary of Little Free Library as a non-profit organization. In honour of this celebration Little Free Library is asking that people donate books to their local LFL. And, if you do so, you might as well have some fun! Take a picture of yourself dropping off books in the libraries and post it with #givebooks on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for your chance to win Little Free Library swag!
It has been about a year since Windsor Public Library, in partnership with Rotary Club of Windsor (1918) and the Rotary Club of Windsor-Roseland, Life After Fifty, Essex Region Conservation Authority and the Douglas Marketing Group launched our first 10 Little Free Libraries. The libraries are doing fantastic, and people from the all over the community have been providing feedback as to what a great addition they have made to Windsor and Essex County. In case you have forgotten where they are located, this is where they are currently installed:
- Life After Fifty, 625 McEwan Ave. (Wyandotte & Campbell)
- John R. Park Homestead, 915 County Road 50 E, Harrow
- Ford City Garden, 971 Drouillard Road
- Chrysler Canada Greenway, Harrow entrance
- Caboto Club, 2175 Parent Ave
- Windsor Regional Hospital, 1995 Lens Ave
- Multicultural Council, 245 Janette Ave
- Vollmer Culture and Recreation Complex, 2121 Laurier Dr, LaSalle
- Ontario Public Interest Research Group, 372 California (beside Campus Community Garden)
You can also click here to see a map of all the LFL locations.
In addition, we are happy to announce that in the fall of 2015, we are installing an additional 10 libraries, in some great areas around the city. There will be 2 more at the Multicultural Council, and 1 each at Windsor Residence for Young Men, Oakwood Community Centre, John Atkinson Community Centre, Optimist Community Centre, Forest Glade Community Centre, Children’s Aid, Windsor Regional Hospital (Ouellette Campus) and Hotel Dieu Hospital.